Automobiles are well known for their environmental impact, and while hybrid and electric vehicles are on the rise, most of us are still fuel-powered travelers. Read on for a few simple tips on how you can lessen the environmental impact of your vehicle…
- Consolidate your trips. Plan your errands based on location, and practice efficiency in knocking out your errands with the least amount of miles to cover.
- Keep cool. When parking in the sun, use a sun shield or park in the shade. This will allow your vehicle to stay cooler, requiring less energy to cool off.
- Lighten your load. Are you driving around with half your wardrobe in your backseat? Do you use your trunk as extra storage? A heavier vehicle requires more gasoline to get around.
- Drive responsibly. Don’t speed up too fast, idle too long or drive in an aggressive manner. Use cruise control when possible, and try to maintain a constant speed of less 50 MPH or less, whenever possible.
- Take care of your tires. Keeping your tires properly inflated can improve gas mileage by upwards of 3%.
- Have your air filters regularly checked and replaced. A dirty air filter can cause your engine to lose power.
- Check your gas cap for cracks. A damaged gas cap can release gases as vapor, which not only increases vehicle emissions but can lead to a potential loss in costly fuel.
- Most importantly, keep your vehicle properly maintained. Regular maintenance checks are meant to keep your vehicle running optimally, which can not only improve your vehicle’s performance and maintain it’s value, but it can also lead to lessened energy and emissions.
Being responsible with vehicle can not only improve your environmental impact, but it can help keep your vehicle running longer, saving you significant dollars in the long run! Want to know more? Ask us how we can help ensure your vehicle is running as efficiently as possible!
Leave a Reply